Weddings on Swan's Island
Would you like to get married on a Maine island? You can! Here is what Gwen May, Swan's Island's town clerk, tells you to do.
- If you are from out-of-state call her at the town office to get an application. (207-526-4279)
- There is no waiting time.
- If there was a previous marriage, proof of a divorce will need to be shown. A divorce decree with a raised seal is needed.
- She can perform a ceremony and help with your vows. She can do the service as simply as you want and will go anywhere on island that you prefer.
- If you are from Maine, Ms. May would only need to see your marriage application which is filled out by the town you are from.